Mended Reeds is a Qualified Residential Treatment Provider (QRTP) offering individualized treatment programs in a safe and secure learning environment. Programs typically last for 6 – 12 months for boys ages 10-17. When necessary, programs can be extended beyond 12 months.
Mended Reeds is licensed by the Ohio Department of Job & Family Services (JFS) as a certified residential center for youth, childcare services are Title IV-E eligible, and public education is provided on-site. Contracted clinical counseling and medical services are licensed through the Ohio Dept. of Mental Health & Addiction Services (OMHAS). Mended Reeds is accredited through the Council on Accreditation (COA).
Our goal is to provide stability and hope, successfully returning youth to their home as quickly as possible. Family involvement and connectivity are key elements, so family counseling is encouraged through a flexible schedule. Development of a successful completion plan begins the day of arrival.
Structure and safety are top priorities. Trauma-aware caregivers provide 24-Hr supervision through calming educational methods. When necessary, staff are certified to use Safe Crisis Management® (SCM) techniques. Access doors are alarmed. Bedrooms are college style dual occupancy.
Group therapy is mandatory, conveying coping skills, identifying problems, and identifying harmful cycles. Individual counseling reinforces certain aspect of treatment, identifies unique areas of development, and results in developing personalized prevention plans. Youth often find our encouraging on-site education to be a means of catching-up on education credits. Outdoor recreation is a year-round part of the program. Additional indoor gaming time can be earned through a positive reinforcement level-system.
SEXUAL BEHAVIOR THERAPY
Designed for young males demonstrating sexually aggressive behaviors, as well as victims reacting to abuse, this program utilizes intensely scheduled activities to provide sexual behavior & trauma treatment. Qualified masters-level therapists (specifically trained in sexual trauma therapy) operate the program, stepping youth through progressive phases of accomplishment.
ADDICTION & RECOVERY
Specialized for youth with substance abuse and the complexities of co-occurring mental health disorders, this treatment includes individual sessions and educational groups with peer support.
Emphasis is placed upon recognition of past trauma, developing coping skills, improving communication skills, and making healthy choices. All staff are trauma trained and clinicians are trauma certified.
SEVERE EMOTIONAL DISORDERS
Several therapeutic interventions are considered for each unique resident. Options include: Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Counting Method, Trauma-Informed Care, Safe Crisis Management® (SCM), etc.
- Boys: Biological males ages 10 through 17
- Specialized in general conduct disorders, including Oppositional Defiant
- Moderate MRDD applicants (minimum IQ 68) are considered with a successful interview
- Accreditation: COA for childcare and CARF for Medical, Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Title IV-E Childcare Rate: $231/day (effective 4/1/23 – 3/31/24)
- Clinical Counseling, Pharmacological, and Medical Services are eligible through Ohio Medicaid or private insurance in addition to and separate from the above childcare rate
- On-site school, Goal Digital Academy online public education
- Program Length: 6 to 12 months
- Specialized Behavior Management: Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Independent Living skills, and follow-up aftercare is available
- Licensed therapists on-site
- Individualized Service Plans (ISPs), developed with the youth and custodians, target and measure areas of improvement
- Daily reports of Critical Incidents keep custodians informed of significant behaviors or incidents
- Monthly Progress Reports outline pertinent developmental information
- Daily scoring tabulates ongoing progress in targeted areas and are used to earn behavior-related level promotions
- Level System promotions reward youth’s progress (positive reinforcement).
For more information, please contact our facility at 740-533-1883, or contact our main office at 740-532-6220. Just ask for Mr. Glover the residential manager, or a group leader regarding a possible placement.
|Mended Reeds, Inc. is accredited by Council of Accreditation.